Posted by SQLGator
After reading a couple of the #Meme15 blog posts in the SQL community, brought to you by Jason Strate (blog | twitter), I thought I would join in on the fun.
This month’s topic: Why and how you use LinkedIn?
Oh LinkedIn how I love thee, let me count the ways! Sorry, I still have Valentine’s Day stuck in my head thanks to those 75% off candy sales today. Focus. I have a LinkedIn profile with my resume posted. In addition, I have connected with present and former colleagues and some of my SQL Server friends. I have also requested and received recommendations from some of those colleagues to try to give my profile a completeness to it.
It hasn’t always been that way. Before I attended Mark Tabladillo‘s “Social Marketing 2011 for Microsoft Professionals” presentation at SQL Saturday #86, I did not have my full resume on my profile as I was leery for some unknown reason. I have my resume on Monster, but something didn’t feel right, maybe it was the social aspect to the site. After Mark told us that nearly 2/3 of all hiring was done through LinkedIn last year, I was blown away. I went home and updated my profile that night.
In addition to the profile, I post my professional blog postings to my LinkedIn profile so that if I am ever in need of another position, there will be a rich amount of professional information available to potential employers. At this point, I do not know whether this is a successful endeavor, but I hope to one day update this blog entry one way or the other.
#Meme On! Enjoy!
Share my stuff:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Posted in Career Advice, Social Media
Tags: #Meme15, linkedin, social marketing