Random Mirroring Facts
Today is a hodge podge of facts about mirroring, since I am in learning mode I thought I would share with you.
- Mirroring is deprecated, meaning it is going away and moving to AlwaysOn availability groups. Now is probably not the time to devise a mirroring plan.
- You can mirror some or all of your databases on a particular instance.
- You can only mirror databases in the FULL recovery model.
- Mirroring supports only one principal and one mirror.
- All versions support witness modes but only Enterprise supports high-performance mode.
- Enterprise, Standard and the new BI version all support the high-safety mode.
- You cannot mirror a database that is using FILESTREAM file groups.
- You can only mirror user databases.