Red Gate Backup Pro Update After A Weekend of Jobs (Part 6)
Last week I blogged about my experiences implementing the Red Gate Backup Pro and Virtual Restore. Today I have a few more observations and items that I need to investigate.
- We setup a weekly copy-only backup using default SQL Server compression to give my supervisor ‘warm and fuzzies’ over switching to a proprietary backup format. We noticed this weekend that the servers with the HyperBac/Virtual Restore tools installed failed on a regular backup. When we manually stopped the HyperBac service and ran the backup, it completed successfully. When we re-enabled the service the backup failed again. We decided to forgo using HyperBac, I may try deactivating that part of the license and see if that alleviates the issue.
- Some of our restores fail when we script them and run fine when we run them manually.
- Some of the restores report DBCC CHECKDB issues and when we run DBCC CHECKDB on the actual database there are no issues.
- I would like to script the real Virtual Restore product, but as of yet have been unable to.
I will keep everyone posted as to my progress. Enjoy!
Posted on December 17, 2012, in Maintenance, Scripting and tagged Backup and Recovery, Maintenance. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Pingback: Red Gate Backup Pro Continued « SQL Swampland