Replication Series, Part One: The Beginning
- Publisher: A database instance that publishes data to other instances.
- Subscriber: A database instance that receives publications.
- Article: A published object which can be a table, view, user-defined function, indexed view, or stored procedure.
- Publication: A collection of articles to be published.
- Distributor: A database instance that manages the distribution between publisher and subscriber.
- Local Distributor: A distributor located on the same LAN as the publisher.
- Remote Distributor: A distributor located on a remote network from the publisher.
- Agent: A service enabling replication tasks such as publishing, distributing, and subscribing.
Stay tuned and enjoy!